I checked my fabric stash and found a piece that could work.
The reverse side was pretty too. Since the fabric was slightly shear I decided to use two panels for each frame. That meant they could not be gathered because I would not have enough fabric for that. I rather liked seeing the entire pattern flat anyway. (That's my story and I'm stickin' to it. I have to find uses for fabric I already have. And since I was not leaving the house, this was my best option.)
I wasn't kidding about making this piece of fabric work.
This seems like a pretty straight forward job and I suppose it should have been.
But under the weather as I still am, it was a huge effort.
So here is the screen before. Simple cotton fabric with a turned back pocket at the top and bottom. I do like the shirred on look but not this time. (If you remember, I bought two of these so I will have a second chance at it.)
Here it is from one side.
My plan was to leave the wood in it's natural state but the more I looked at it the more I realized the natural state was pretty shabby. So I got out the spray primer and in about 5 minutes it was primed.
Which brings me to my next dilemma. I knew approximately what color I wanted this to be but we all know the choices in spray paint. Don't you wonder who decides the colors for spray cans. I think it is someone moonlighting from their day job at the Highway Dept....Division of road signs and stripping. What I started out to say here is that I was forced to paint the frame with a brush which took WAY longer than spraying would have.
The point of this endeavor was to have a backdrop for photos and I think it is going to work well for that.
The color I used on the frame was Satchel (SW).
Here it is on the flip side.
So, all in all, I achieved my purpose. It allows me to set up for a photo without being concerned about the background. (You wouldn't believe the mess hiding behind this screen.) I'm looking forward to doing the second one very differently.
I am linking to: Primitive & Proper