Tuesday, August 24, 2010

From White to Black

I am working on several projects simultaneously and right now none of those things are quite ready for the blog world.  So today, I put together a simple one just to stay in touch.


I picked up this little wall cabinet last Saturday at a yard sale.  I really don't have a place in mind to use it but it was only a $1.  Need I say more?
It is solid and didn't need any repairs.  Gee, how refreshing.


A can of black satin spray paint was something I had, so why not.  The drawers are bin type and I needed to spray the sides too.  I decided to keep the insides white.  I know what it's like to find something in a purse with black lining which is what prompted that decision.



There really was nothing wrong with the glass knobs on this piece but I thought I better change something else about it.  Besides, I already had this cute little clock knob and this seemed like a good place for it.


Then there was a need for two more knobs .  Bless Hobby Lobby for 50% off their knobs and pulls just when I needed them.  (that center knob really wants to pick up the light and reflect so I had a hard time getting a good shot.)

Once I decide where to put this I can accessorize and appreciate impulse buying.


Visit thecsiproject.com I'm linking to the CSI project for Pottery Barn Look alikes.

2 comments:

  1. How darling, Let your adoring public know how you utilize this: show us photos later please.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another wonderful transformation.

    ReplyDelete