photographs. It drew me in, got a good hold, and didn't let go. And so the mission of collecting candlesticks and globes began. I started by going through my own cabinets and followed that up with a few from the resale shops.
The globes to glue onto these candlesticks came mostly from one of my favorite "go-to" places.
More of that glue was used to attach the bases to the globes. A few books kept the two parts tightly together until the glue had time to set.
I actually found four matching globes at the Restore.
I think they will work very well in a variety of places.
But, I digress. The initial purpose was to combine various sizes and styles of candle holders in one location.
This one accidentally turned out a little better. Well that is except for the top of the lampshade reflected in the mirror.
Proper lighting is one of my biggest roadblocks in getting good photos.
So I moved to a third location. I took more pictures off the walls and moved more furniture and took a bigillion more pictures...none of which were that great.
So, if you are still with me, I'll tell you why I even bothered to publish this post. Sometimes things just don't work out quite the way you think they will. I have lots of lighting issues and camera issues. I'm a novice in the photography department. But, I also have other issues with this project. I need larger globes and taller candle sticks and a super cool table to put them on. Once I have all that, I need to hire a professional photographer to take the pictures.
But for now, it's a wrap! It all looks pretty nice in my 3-D world and that's going to have to be good enough.