They rested a couple of days at the front of the heap and then I started thinking that cleaning them up and painting a couple might be therapeutic. That way I could think about my other 1/2 finished projects while I did something simple.
Then came my attempt at lettering. I spied this antique invoice on The Graphics Fairy.
There was also a link to the portion I wanted that was printable in the mirror image.
So much for the easy part.
I knew going into this part of the project that the paint would not just flow off the brush creating smooth, even lettering. Distressing and mottling, smooshing and overlapping is how I generally work with paint. But when you have no experience there is only one way to get it. It was an experiment that convinced me I need to gather some information on sign painting. I need a class or two and I need lots of practice. But, if you don't look closely, it's passable.
You can't read it, you say. Ok, a little closer look, I suppose.
I do have plans to try again. I saw a girl at the paint store buying One Shot so I struck up a conversation with her. Turns out she does pin striping and lettering. I have her card!