So, let's talk about the details.
First off I have a little woodwork issue.
Next I added a Plaster of Paris solution. Because I only wanted the upper corners, that is the part of the mold I used. (sorry, forgot to get pictures) That also dries quickly and is also easy to carve. I trimmed off the edges until it fit my configuration and...
I went in search of a before picture and this is the best I could do. Just another example of not thinking far enough ahead to get the right before pictures. The truth is, these little damaged blocks were not even on my radar until it came time to paint. It is amazing what we live with day after day and it doesn't bother us...in fact we don't even see it. Then one day, YIKES, this has to be fixed.
So, another day and one more thing crossed off the "to do" list.
More about details in a follow up post.