It will be in the same room as this piece.
Then I added SW Sassy Green #6416 to the details.
I painted the sides the Sassy Green, and for the top I used Chopped Dill.
I finally decided to get it into the bedroom before I did anything else to it. An idea was forming to color block the room by making each piece of furniture a different color. Why not? I was already halfway there.
I had the hardware soaking in vinegar for a few hours. That loosened up built up crud.
I brushed it a bit with a toothbrush and it was ready for primer.
I thought about the metallic colors but finally decided to use something I had on hand.
Of all the unlikely names, this color is called "malaria."
It was by sheer accident that I had a spray green that would work so nicely with the colors on this piece.
I am still trying to decide if I am finished with this piece or not.
I did think about adding onto the existing bun feet with...
these huge feet.
My brother, Dan, has four of these and I think they would have been a nice tie in to the huge feet on the pinky/purple piece. However, if I centered them on the existing feet, it have would pushed the piece away from the wall by about 4inces. Potential foiled again!
Finally it was ready for the second floor bedroom. Not something I could handle.
I twisted my son's arm a little and got him to show up just as my son-in-law arrived. Together they carried the dresser to the second floor for me. It is a very solid (heavy) piece. I'm sure they will confirm that!
Now I will have to accessorize the wall above the dresser. I think a mirror needs to be part of whatever happens on this wall but I am open for whatever pops up.