Saturday, November 1, 2014

Marg's Birthday




My sister, Margaret, celebrated her October birthday with us this year.

The centerpiece for her birthday dinner was a row of votive candles surrounded by holly branches from a berry abundant tree in my yard.

I started the evening with good intentions of getting pictures of the guests, the table, and the food.

Those intentions went by the wayside rather quickly as the guests began to arrive.


We started with an appetizer that somewhat resembled the picture above.  (No glitter stars for sure)  Oh, and I had the mint leaves but I forgot that was part of the recipe.  I was making these and putting them on the tray as the guests were sampling them, so, I was doing my best just to keep up.  I discovered the mint in the fridge the next day.  Blackberries and goat cheese recipe can be found on my Special Event Recipe board.

I snapped this shot of the kale salad with thinly sliced Granny Smith apples and blueberries, before I served the first course.

The second course was a sweet potato chicken chili.  This picture is from pinterest because I don't have one to show you.  The recipe itself is on my "Recipes for Everyday" board on pinterest.  And yes, I would make it again.  In my haste to get everything prepared on time, I grabbed nutmeg instead of chili powder and coated the beautifully caramelized onions, garlic, and jalapeno before I realized my mistake.  I had to send the birthday girl to the store for those ingredients so I could redo that part of the recipe.  But it turned out fine and was completed on time.

Dessert was a salted caramel apple upside down cake with ice cream.  This is a terrible picture of the cake but the only one I have. So I'm going to rely on pinterest again.

This recipe is on my "Special Event Recipes" board on pinterest.



I promise to be more focused for your next visit, Marg.

Happy Birthday!





  

No comments:

Post a Comment