Sunday, March 1, 2015

In Like a LIon

I'm not a big fan winter and snow makes me even less of a fan but I can't resist Tower Grove Park after a fresh snowfall.  After picking up coffee at the Gelateria I decided to resurrect my Nebraska driving skills and take a swing through the park.  Because I wasn't really dressed for tromping through the snow, I took all these shots one handed from the car window.  It was a little before 8 a.m. when I started so the natural lighting was not the best.












 While trying to get a better angle for one shot, I got too close to the slope on the side of the road and I slid sideways.  When I tried to correct I slid further into the low spot.  I was afraid I was doomed with the nose of my van pointed towards the park and the back end up on the road.  I thought about calling one of my brothers but I didn't bring my phone.  It wouldn't have been a long walk to get help but I was hesitant to abandon my car only to come back and find it had been towed.  There was only one thing to do:  Get back in the car and drive like I know I can.  It worked!

No comments:

Post a Comment