Skip to main content

Bits and Pieces

Not a full reveal. but some preparations and progress to show you.

Boxes of vinyl flooring were delivered to the site.


This is the glued down version for better water protection.

Completed north end of the room.  Mannington Floor in Seaport Wharf.

Not easy to see the difference here, but this is the same flooring in a different color for the ground level.  Mannington floor in Dockside that has a hint of gray with brown.

This is part of a large folding screen that needed touching up and waxing.

I discovered it at the Miriam Shop.  A six panel, seven foot tall screen.  Pretty, but not what I was looking for until...

I saw the other side.  The plan is to separate it into two panels of three.


 There are two electrical panels on the second floor.  We will use a 3 piece section of the folding
 screen to shield each one from the view of the patrons.

The panels are boxed in now and painted so they look better, but the screen is still in play.

I found these table bases, complete with glass tops, at an estate sale.  Here they are after a coat of spray paint.  I plan to pair them with some chairs I found at a Mid-Century shop on Jefferson.


I wanted something open and lightweight but still sturdy.

The metal plating is not in great condition but now that they have been thoroughly cleaned, I think they can be used as is for the time being.

Except for the upholstery, that is.

Here is a tiny sample strip in the gray and white.  I would have shown a larger sample but I just gave the roll of fabric to the upholsterer. (BTW, that 8x8 piece of tile you see here is what is going on the front of the bar.)

Because this post is dragging on a bit, I am able to show you a section of the bar that is now tiled.

The template was made and we are waiting on the top.  It will be Silestone in a color called Steel.


 Second floor bathroom tile.  Not painted yet and waiting on the plumber to get the sink in place.


There are two bathrooms on the first floor done in this tile.


I haven't talked much about the stairs but they are starting to get some attention now.



They look pretty awful and all the construction mess has not helped. Sure hope we can make them look good.

 Looks like the sanders are moving faster than this blog post.

Stained and ready for poly.  Can't promise when the risers will be painted.  The painter left today for a one week vacation. 


This is the bench seating in the fabrication process.

This section is painted and ready for cushions.

Some of the furnishings have arrived.


Like these cute little stools for first floor seating.  That's your sneak peak for now.  Hope to have lots more real soon.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

On The Upswing

After the last post, it seemed a good idea to do a follow up post to report that things are moving along nicely. This shot was taken before the remodel started.  The door at the end of the hallway leads into the bath now being remodeled. This is where the changes started.  The trim is off the doorway and the door opening will be enlarged to the width of the hallway. This shot taken of that same area now looks like this.  By closing the entrance from the hallway, that bathroom will now be the master bath by keeping the entrance from the bedroom only. This is how it looks from the bathroom side.  the door on the left leads to the hallway and the one on the right into the bedroom. Now it looks like this.  Part of the hallway has become part of the bathroom.  This is where the vanity will be installed.  The partial doorway you see on the right leads to the bedroom. Turning 180 degrees and looking across the room to the opposite corner, you see the window and the en

Out of No Where

Isn't it uncanny how a project can sneak into an already crowded schedule? Recently a friend invited me to do a walk through on a two-family he was planning to buy.  A couple pieces of furniture had been left behind and they were dumpster material to him.  Did I go with him thinking there was something there for me?   NO. Was I looking for something in particular? NO.  Did the thought of finding a new project ever cross my mind? NO!  But, see for yourself.  Could you have passed this up?  It was sturdy (translates to a little heavy). There was nothing wrong with it.  It even had all the shelves and the pins that hold them in place.  And without the shelves it was not quite as heavy.  (Try telling me that as my friend and I are hauling it down a flight of stairs.)  More shelving on the side made it even more practical.  I'm sure they could be used for something besides VHS tapes. Here it is in my studio where I could do a complete assessment.  Looks like a good cleaning

Small Storage Containers RECYCLED

 With the way grocery products have skyrocketed this past year, it has somehow made the containers they come in seem more valuable. To be transparent, I have always saved glass jars from jam, pickles, and spaghetti sauce.=) You know, small, medium and large. I also saved yogurt cups, sour cream containers, etc. When I was painting furniture and mixing colors, the small containers came in handy. This past summer I got a good laugh when I found a stack of yogurt containers in the back of a cabinet in my studio...at least 60! Needless to say those made it into the trash. More recently I have collected a fair amount of plastic containers with lids that are similar to the food saving containers you buy for that purpose. These are fairly large, about 5x7 inches and approximately 3" deep. They are great for leftovers but also good for storing a multitude of other smallish items. The bottoms are see through which makes them perfect for organizing hobby/craft and workshop items. But once a