Expect to see these in a later post when I figure out what I am doing with them.
The next stop was not offering umbrellas but I did find some little garden lights stuffed in a basket. For obvious reasons I did not spend much time looking them over. For $2 I didn't think I could go too far wrong. I did have the seller plug them in to make sure they worked. That is when he discovered I was also getting the extension cord for my two bucks. I paid the man and started to gather them into my arms. "Oh no," he said. "If you don't take the basket I'll have to charge you more." So, of course, I took the baset too.
I knew from the get go that I wanted to paint my little lights. I also knew that would require a bit of time to disassemble and reassemble them and I was prepared for that.
What I wasn't prepared for was the amount of rust. But I was committed to seeing this through 'till the end. It wasn't about the money, folks. And it wasn't about the value when completed. I was told they came from Restoration Hardware and if it was about my time I could have purchased new ones.
I think it's therapy. Anyone reading this blog probably gets that, so further explanation isn't needed.
I removed the worst of the rust and coated them well with a good primer coat.
I chose a Montana paint #3160 called Better Times for the final coat. I am counting on the name to be an omen for the future.
You can see by the lids that Better Times is a deep berry color.
I won't bore you with the reassembling. Suffice it to say that getting four of those little plastic windows in place for 20 lights was not the therapy I was looking for.
But patience prevailed.
Finally, a project that was completed in a day.
I have so many projects that are on hold for various reasons that I really needed to take on something I knew I could finish.
All in all, I think I got my $2 worth of fun.