Friday, March 1, 2013

Premature Pillows

While my house was on the market I occupied myself with buying things for the "new place."  When the "new place" went to someone else, and I took my house off the market, I was left to deal with those purchases.

One of those forward thinking buys were these two pillows.  I LOVE these pillows. (Thank you Home Goods.)

 The problem is, I have "NO WHERE" to use them in this house.  I thought they would make a nice accent in the living room.  They are perfect for these chairs.
They tie in nicely with the pinks in the dining room.

However, the living room took on a life of it's own as projects like this do.  And pink accents were just not happening.


  My solution---use the cushy inserts and cover them with something else.

I found this fabric at one of my favorite local fabric stores.

If the opportunity arises and I want these pillows back to pink----it's just a matter of changing the cover.

For now they are the perfect back support for these chairs.  By the way, I did a post on these chairs quite some time ago.  I am still contemplating their fate.   I am thinking of painting the frames and living with the fabric.

I know they would be GORGEOUS reupholstered in a fabulous new fabric but I also know what it would cost to have this done.  So for now, I say, when you can't buy a new outfit it helps to buy a new lipstick. 

These new pillows are the lip gloss for old upholstery.

2 comments:

  1. Love the new pillows! Actually prefer them to the pink.
    Perfect with your living room color and carpet!

    ReplyDelete